Raspberry cake with yogurt cream
This is my favorite summer cake because I simply adore raspberries. Then the yogurt cream is so refreshing and pairs really well with the sponge cake that is lemony and moist. Really easy to make if you master the gelatin process. A delight for your friends and family!
- Sponge cake
- Flour - 300g
- Baking powder - 3 tsp
- Sugar - 200g
- Vanilla sugar - 1 pack
- Lemon zest - 1
- Egg - 3
- Vegetable oil - 150ml
- Sparkling water - 150ml
- Yogurt cream
- Gelatine powder - 2 satchets
- Light yogurt - 400g
- Sugar - 130g
- Whipping cream - 400ml
- Lemon juice - 1
- Decorate with
- Raspberry - 1 kg
- Jelly red - 2 satchets
- Apple juice - 500ml
- Icing sugar - 5 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Sift the flour and baking powder and mix it with sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest.
2. Add easily the eggs, oil and mineral water, mixing until everything is smooth. The consistency should be really runny so don't worry, this makes the cake layer to be really fluffy and moist.
3. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust with flour then spread the dough and pop in in the oven for 20 minutes. Let it cool down.
4. Soak the gelatine in cold water, just to cover it, for 10 minutes then heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Leave it to cool down a couple of minutes.
5. Mix the yogurt with sugar then add the gelatine with care. Beat the whipping cream until thick and fluffy and mix it with the yogurt. Add the lemon juice easily, making sure you mix it in the cream in one way so you won't break the mixture.
6. Spread the cream on top of the cake layer and let it cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
7. Wash the raspberries and let the drain well. Mix the jelly powder with 5 spoons of icing sugar and apple juice, then bring it to a boil for 1 minute.
8. Spread the raspberry on top of the cake then pour the hot jelly starting in the middle, making sure to cover all of the surface. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.