Aromatic pork roulade
I love so much this roulade, it is the second Christmas I've made it and everybody was pleased with the meat's aroma and wine sauce. If you have a meat thermometer, use it. I like to wait until it reaches 170 degrees, between medium and well done.
- Prep Time : 4h 00 min
- Cook Time : 2h 15 min
- Yield : 8
1. Beat the meat so it becomes tender and has the same thickness. Mix the garlic, fennel, pepper, rosemary, mustard seeds, bay leaves with a tbsp of salt. Rub the meat all over with this mixture.
2. Place in a dish wrapped in foil and let it cool in the fridge between 4 to 24 hours.
3. Roll the meat, wrap it in proscuitto slices and tie it with a kitchen string. Let it reach the room temperature then put in the oven at 180 degrees.
4. After an hour, pour the wine in the tray and leave it for an hour more. Transfer it on a plate pouring the juice on top. Cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Serve with green beans and salad or french fries. This year we served it with baked potato and mushroom salad.