Potato sour soup with ribs and creme fraiche
I come from Bucharest, where I've never heard of this soup. I first ate it at my mother-in-law and loved it. Yesterday I found myself brave enough to make it, but I was a bit doubtful whether it should be white or red. Read about this, both are correct, the main idea is to contain smoked pork and potato. It is so tasty. Adapted from Gabriela's recipe.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 2h 30 min
- Yield : 10
- Allergens : eggs
1. Chop the onion and spring onions, thinly slice the carrots and dice the ribs/pork. Heat a tall pot with 2 tbsp of oil and saute the onions and carrots, add the meat and fry for a few minutes.
2. Pour 3 litres of water and let everything simmer at low heat with the lid on for a couple of hours. Add the diced potatoes and let them boil on medium heat. Add borsh as much as you like. Season.
3. Add some chopped lovage and tarragon, leave for a few minutes then turn the heat off. Add chopped parsley.
4. Let the soup cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl mix the egg yolks with sour cream, then add some ladles of soup until it reaches the soup's temperature. Pour slowly in the soup, mix.
5. Serve with red onion or hot chilli.