Pork soup a la Ardeal
This is a well renowned sour soup in Ardeal, a beautiful region in Transylvania. The tarragon and pork give a special flavor to this soup. I found the recipe here.
1. Boil the meat in a pot with 4 litres of water. Take the foam once in a while.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and saute the vegetables thinly chopped for 20 minutes, or until they soften. Add into the soup after the meat is tender, season and bring to a boil on medium heat with the lid on for 40 minutes.
3. Turn the heat low. In a different pot, boil the rice and drain.
4. In a bowl mix the flour with the sour cream, add 6-7 ladles of soup, one at a time, mix well then pour in the soup pot slowly.
5. Add the chopped tarragon and lemon juice, leave for 20 minutes on low heat. Add the rice and chopped parsley, turn the heat off.