Spaghetti with beef and mushrooms red wine sauce
I have been a pasta eater all my life and always in search for the right meat sauce. This one is simple, flavorful and easy to make sauce. If you have the time, I am encouraging you do make it, such a delicious dish! Recipe found here.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 8
- Allergens : wheat
- Ground beef - 1 kg
- Onion large, peeled and chopped - 1
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, minced - 2
- Dry red wine - 200ml
- Baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and sliced - 500g
- Crushed San Marzano tomatoes, or whatever you have - 1 can and a half
- Dried basil - 1 tbsp
- Dried parsley - 2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Tomato paste - 2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
1. In a large Dutch oven or saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, to taste, and break up the beef into small pieces. Continue to cook until the meat has browned, and remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
2. Degrease the pan, reserving 1 tablespoon to cook the onions. Add the onions and cook until transparent and softened, about 8 minutes, being careful not to burn. If the pan gets too dry, add more of the grease or olive oil.
3. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add the red wine, and reduce down to half.
4. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper, to taste, and sauté until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are browned and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Once the wine has reduced, add the San Marzano tomatoes, basil, parsley, bay leaf, Worcestershire, sugar, and tomato paste. Add salt, to taste, then stir in the ground beef and mushrooms. Simmer over medium low heat for 1 hour to 1 hour and a half, and enjoy with pasta or spaghetti squash!
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- Bay leaf
- Crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- Crushed San Marzano tomatoes, or whatever you have
- Dried basil
- Dried parsley
- Dry red wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic cloves minced
- Ground beef
- Onion large
- Onion large, peeled and chopped
- or whatever you have
- peeled and chopped
- Salt, to taste
- stems removed and sliced
- to taste
- Tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce