Stir fry beef with asparagus, red pepper and rice
Officially, one of the best Chinese recipes I've ever eaten. I found in on the internet and add some of my own touch. I was a little bit nervous, but it turned to be so delicious, that the next day I had to make some more. Even my husband enjoyed it, and he is not an Asian cuisine fan. This dish is full of flavor and goes perfectly with rice.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Allergens : soya
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp
- Shallot, chopped - 1
- Asparagus trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 4 cm lenghts - 10
- Flank steak, sliced in half lengthwise along the grain and cut into thin strips, 6 cm long and 2 cm wide (put the steak in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing to make it easier to slice) - 500g
- Red bell pepper, seeded de-ribbed and cut into thin strips 5 cm long and 2 cm wide - 1
- Green beans - 100g
- Sliced mushrooms - 200g
- Cornstarch dissolved into 3 tbsp of water - 2 tsp
- All purpose stir fry sauce
- Soy sauce - 3 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves minced - 2
- Green onion chopped - 2
- Chili oil - half tsp
- Chopped onion - 1
- Grated carrot - 1
- dry white wine - 50ml
- Chicken stock - 1 litre
1. For the stir fry sauce, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
2. While you are chopping the ingredients in preparation, bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Parboil the green beans for 10 minutes and in the last 2 minutes, ad the asparagus, drain, rinse in cold water, drain, and set aside.
3. Rice: In another pot, heat a teaspoon of oil, add the onion and carrot, leave until it's soft, add the rice and mix until it's transparent, then the wine until it evaporates. Everything at low to medium heat. Then add gradually the soup and stir well. Season.
4. Stir-fry the asparagus and green beans in a wok (or a thick-bottomed pan with at least 2" sides that can take high heat) in 1 Tbsp of oil, on high heat, for about 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Add another Tbsp of oil to the pan and stir fry the onion and the beef strips, for 2-3 minutes until browned.
6. Add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir and toss over high heat until just beginning to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
Quickly stir the cornstarch liquid and add it to the pan along with the stir fry sauce. Cook until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes. Return the green vegetables to the pan, toss to evenly coat and serve with rice.
- asparagus trimmed
- Asparagus trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 4 cm lenghts
- Chicken stock
- Chili oil
- Chopped onion
- Cornstarch dissolved into 3 tbsp of water
- dry white wine
- Flank steak
- Flank steak, sliced in half lengthwise along the grain and cut into thin strips, 6 cm long and 2 cm wide (put the steak in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing to make it easier to slice)
- Garlic cloves minced
- Ginger finely chopped
- Grated carrot
- Green beans
- Green onion chopped
- Red bell pepper
- Red bell pepper, seeded de-ribbed and cut into thin strips 5 cm long and 2 cm wide
- Shallot, chopped
- Sliced mushrooms
- soy sauce
- Vegetable oil