Leeks, olives and pork stew
I grew up with this food I enjoyed so much, that I was really surprised when my husband told me he never heard of it. I don't know which part of Romania comes this dish, but in Ardeal is not that popular. His words, not mine. Anyway, he loved it, as it is a tasty meal with a beautiful smell. If you don't like sour food, use only half the lemon. I found the recipe here.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 4
1. In a pot, heat 4 tbsp of oil and fry the diced meat until the water evaporates. After the meat is golden, add 500ml water, knorr and let it boil on medium heat with the lid on for 30 minutes.
2. In another pot, boil some water, add the lemon and olives, leave for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a pan, saute the chopped onion and leek cut 4cm long, for 5 minutes no medium heat.
4. After the meat is ready, add the onion, leek, 500ml water, wine and leave to boil for 25 minutes.
5. Add the tomato paste and juice, season, add the olives and sliced lemon, mix well and bake on a preheated oven (180 degrees) for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with chopped dill and parsley and serve hot.