Chicken liver with onions
I love chicken liver, in any form. I had some busy days, so wasn't able to cook anything. I ordered some chicken liver at a restaurant. Needless to say, they were dry, bitter and awful. So I've decided to make my own, following Ioana's recipe. It is so simple, fast and delicious, you should try it. It is also rich in iron, proteins and essential amino acids.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 2 servings
- Allergens : milk
1. Wash very good the chicken liver. Clean them of fat, then put in a bowl and cover with milk. Leave in the fridge for at least half an hour.
2. Heat the butter and the oil in a pan, fry the onion sliced until it softens. Add the crushed garlic and leave for 30 seconds.
3. Add the liver very well drained and fry at medium heat until they turn gold-brown. Do not mix with a spoon, so you won't crush them, but, preferably, shake the pan well so the content won't stick.
4. In a bowl, mix a cup of water with all the herbs, a little salt and add it over the liver. Leave on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce starts to reduce. Mix lightly and check if the liver is done.
5. Turn off the heat then add the chopped parsley. Serve with potato purée.