Bruschetta with smoked salmon, asparagus and poached eggs
If you want something delicious for breakfast and feel like spending some extra time in the kitchen, this recipe is a go! Really simple, but incredibly tasty. Serve it hot! It also fits perfectly at a brunch or a lazy afternoon.
1. Preheat the oven to a low heat. Put a medium sized pan of salted water on to boil, add a splash of vinegar.
2. Put a griddle pan on to heat, when the pan starts to smoke, start grilling the asparagus. You may need to cook this in two or three batches depending on the size of your griddle. It will only take a couple of minutes for the asparagus to be cooked. Once all of the asparagus is cooked, season and set aside in the warm oven.
3. By now the water should be boiling. Turn the heat to low and twirl the water with a paddle. Crack the eggs one by one, in the middle of the whirl so the egg white won't spread all over the pan. After two or three minutes, when the egg is done, place is on a kitchen towel to drain.
4. Start toasting the slices of sourdough bread. Remove the eggs from the water.
5. Divide the toasted sourdough between four warm plates, then top with the smoked salmon, asparagus and a poached egg. Finish with lemon zest, dill, cracked pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.