Another tea party organized by Emily's cupcakes. For this edition, yellow was the main color, what is more beautiful and spring like? I had some problems in choosing the recipe, but you can't never go wrong with brownies, right? I added some pistachio, I didn't have pecan as required, but the result came out really tasty. My husband ate 4 pieces at once, and no, he wasn't hungry:)
1. Grease a baking tin and line it with baking paper.
2. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and heat until it is melted.
3. Meanwhile, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl. Finely chop the pistachio and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then mix in the almond extract and the egg.
5. Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir into the butter mixture. Add the flour mixture, milk and chopped nuts to the bowl and stir until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth it. Transfer to a preheated oven, 180 C/350 F/gas mark 4, and cook for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch but little soft in the center.
Remove from the oven and cool completely. Cut into 20 squares and serve.