Lemon cake with raspberry and mascarpone cream
A lusciously moist and light lemon sponge cake with a delicious fresh raspberry and banana mascarpone cream. What can be more important than this on a lazy day? Let's not forget the caramel sauce that completes everything out. Pure heaven!
- Mash the bananas and mix them well with mascarpone. Add raspberries and mix until well incorporated, but make sure they won't be mashed. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 160 C / Gas 3 and grease and line a 15x15cm tin.
- Beat the caster sugar with the eggs until frothy. Add the butter and mix well until fluffy. Combine the flour with baking powder and add into the mixture, lightly mixing until well incorporated. Add the lemon zest until mixture is smooth.
- Smooth out the mixture in the tin with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the sponge springs up when pressed lightly and no indentation remains. Do not open the oven until at least 15 minutes has elapsed. While the cake is warm, turn out onto cake rack for cooling.
- Put the cream in a piping bag with a large nozzle and cover all the cake. Add caramel sauce on your own tasting. You can serve it immediately or let it rest in the fridge.