Everybody loves doughnuts! Apart from the long waiting, the kitchen fills with one of the best childhood memory. Stealing some of my mom hot doughnuts and not waiting to sugar coat them and fill them with jam, was one of my favorite tasks. This recipe is great if you like them empty inside and crunchy outside. Perfect!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 25-30
- Allergens : wheat
1. Dissolve the yeast in water, add the salt, sugar and mix until they all melt. Add the vanilla essence and lemon zest.
2. Add the flour gradually, knead really well adding the oil, until it becomes flexible. Cover the bowl and leave it near a heating source, until it doubles in volume.
3. Stretch it on a wooden board dusted with flour. The dough should be almost a cm thick. Cut the doughnuts with the help of a circle cutting shape or a glass dusted with flour. Leave to rise for 10 more minutes.
4. Heat a pan with lots of oil and fry them upside down, so they will grow. The secret is to fry at medium temperature, don't let them too long on one side, just until they turn golden, flip them on the other side and leave for one more minute or until they are done.
5. Drain on a paper towel and after they are a bit cool down, dust with icing sugar.