Chocolate and walnuts loaf
I must be the biggest fan of loafs ever since I was a little girl. My mum used to make the best one, obviously, don't know her recipe yet. It goes perfectly in the morning with a cup of cappuccino or cold milk. A delish!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Yield : 2 loafs
- Allergens : eggs, milk, walnuts, wheat
- Big eggs - 6
- Sugar - 2 cups and a half
- Flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder in a tsp of lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Vanilla sugar - 1 tsp
- Rom essence - 1 tsp
- Lemon essence - 1 tsp
- Chopped toasted walnuts - Half a cup
- Chocolate drops - 100g
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Cold water - 6 tbsp
- Oil - 10 tbsp
- Creme fraiche - 4 tbsp
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Mix one cup of sugar with egg yolks until creamy, for about 5 minutes. Add one at a time, the vanilla sugar, essences, cold water, oil and mix well.
2. Add the baking powder, flour, mix. Incorporate the nuts and creme fraiche.
3. Mix the egg whites with the remaining sugar for 5 minutes until white and fluffy. Incorporate easily in the egg yolks composition with a wooden spoon.
4. Reserve 2 cups of the composition and mix it with cocoa powder. Dust 2 loaf trays with butter and flour. Add the white dough, drizzle some of the cocoa composition on top and level with a fork. Sprinkle some chocolate drops. Bake for 30-40 minutes unti ready. Let them cool a little then dust with icing sugar.